Earth's Reflections, new layout

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Watch out world, I am in a scrapping kind of mood! And the beauty of it is I learned a new technique making this one. Now this may be old news to some of you, but I figured this out on my own just playing around. Since I dont do much scrapping and mostly designing, I got quite the kick out of this. I learned how to put my journaling in on a hand drawn path. Pretty cool huh...no more spaces, and tabs on every line to get around my product, I just hand drew the path with my path tool (under shapes in PS). It was pretty cool. It made journaling so much easier. Especially for these big stories. :o)

It Reads:
This story is so funny to me that I wouldnt dream of not scrapping about it.
So today our entire family was outside doing yardwork on this beautiful day. Cheyenne and I were cleaning out a flower bed, when I say to Cheyenne “Chey, look its a potatoe bug” she says to me “what is a potatoe bug?” She is so excited about this new animal that she runs around telling & showing the whole neighborhood. Sage of course wants to know what Cheyenne is doing & after hearing about it says “Hey, let me see that potatoe bug. I want to study it.”
So he runs inside & grabs his microscope & puts the potatoe in the canister & starts looking at. Cheyenne decides that she has had enough & says, “ok you’ve studied it, now its time to return it to it’s natural habitat.” Sage says “no, we need to keep it in here and study it some more.” She says “ No, you are going to kill it, keeping it in there, it needs to go back home to its family!” This arguement continues for a few minutes, until Cheyenne is a complete wreck!
Now, this whole time I am hearing this, I am laughing inside. Because they are 8 and 5. How could they be having this conversation?
Luckily, with a little coaching from mom, they agreed they were going to return it to its natural habitat and study it there, as long as mom promised to help.
 
Credit: Earth's Reflections
Located at Designer Digitals, SDD

1 comments:

Vicky said...

OH MY I love the journalling on this !! What cute kids xx

Fans of the K2 Kreative Krew

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP